Join us on Wednesday night for MOVIE NIGHT!
WIFD will create a Netflix Party group to watch Molly’s Game
. There are so many reasons to check out this film. First, it is based on a true story. Second, it has a kick-ass leading woman. And third, it’s produced by the great Amy Pascal.
Netflix Party is a new way to watch Netflix with your friends online. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows. www.netflixparty.com
***Please note that you must have access to Google Chrome and a Netflix account to participate***
Before our movie night starts make sure you have access to a Netflix account, the Google Chrome browser and download the Netflix Party plug-in by following the directions below.
At 6:30PM, we will meet on Zoom for some networking and catching up with everyone. We will send out the Netflix Party link at this time as well. The Zoom room will be open at 6PM so that we can help anyone with troubleshooting via Zoom.
At 7PM, we will start the movie!
From 9:30-10PM, we’ll have a fun, trivia game based on facts from or about the movie.
We look forward to watching the movie and seeing everyone Wednesday night!
NETFLIX PARTY INSTRUCTIONS:
• Download the Google Chrome extension, “Netflix Party,” through your Google Chrome browser here: https://www.netflixparty.com/
◦ You will be redirected to the Chrome Web Store, click “Add to Chrome” to finishing installing Netflix Party.
◦ A “NP” icon will be located next to the address bar of your open browser window, it will not be highlighted red until you have a Netflix show or film open.
◦ If you would like to test whether it works, go to your Netflix account and play a show or movie. Once playing, the “NP” icon should turn red and, upon clicking on it, it should allow you to “Start the Party.”
▪ If this does not work, make sure your pop-up ads blocker is disabled.
• To join the “Party,” first log into your Netflix account before clicking on the provided “Party” link.
◦ Once logged in, click the provided “Party” link, this should open up Molly’s Game and, after a few seconds, a chat box should show up on the right hand side of the screen.
▪ If Molly’s Game & a chat box does not pop up, try clicking on the red “NP” icon to join the “Party.” Also make sure your pop-up ads blocker is disabled.
▪ Feel free to change your avatar and add a nickname so we know who is chatting throughout the movie!
◦ WIFD will maintain control of the pause/play/forwarding functions throughout the movie but you should be able to control everything else such as your own volume, screen size, and closed captioning.
Register to participate in MOVIE NIGHT.