FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
BECOMING A MEMBER
LOGIN, PROFILE & MEMBER LEVEL
Simply click on the red Join Us! button on the menu to the left or at the top right corner of the Home page. Select the "Professional & Student" or "Corporate" then you'll be taken to the application page.
We have 5 membership levels: Corporate, Professional, Associate, Friend and Student. Eligibility requirements and member benefits are listed on our Join Us! page.
Phone number: In the event that your e-mail address bounces, we need a way to contact you. Birth information: In case we want to send you a Happy Birthday wish!
What information can people see in the Member Directory?
Non-members and others not logged into the site can only see limited information for each member. This is to protect our members as well as to encourage non-members to become a part of our community. Members who are logged in can see more information, such as e-mail address, phone number, etc. If you are a member and would prefer to customize further who sees or doesn't see your information, simply log in, click View Profile (upper right corner under the little person icon), click Privacy, and select the settings that you wish.
- If you are an existing member of WIFD, your login ID is the e-mail address you used to Join WIFD & the one through which you receive WIFD announcements.
- If you have forgotten your password or to obtain a password for the new site, click on Forgot Password? located in the top right corner of your screen below login menu. It will guide you through the short process of setting a new password and log you in automatically.
- Once you are logged in, you can update your profile, search the Member Directory, register for events, and enjoy other member benefits!
Once you are logged in, you can update your membership profile by clicking on View Profile in the upper right (you'll see it when clicking on the little person icon). There you can change your contact info, photo, membership level, e-mail subscriptions, and even customize who can see what information.
- Log in to the site (see above for login instructions)
- Once logged in, click View Profile
- Click the button that reads Renew Until... and follow through the process from there!
Log in to the site, (For instructions on how to do so, see above.) click View Profile. Click button that says Change membership level. Some membership levels will not allow you to change this setting yourself. If this happens please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist.
Due to the overwhelming number of announcements and requests we typically receive, posting events and news is for board members only. However, you are welcome to join our Google group listserve and submit your announcement for approval. If it is approved, it will go out to all of our members and non-members who are on the list!
If you need additional help logging in, updating your profile, or doing other things web-related, feel free to e-mail email@example.com.