WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL
Terms & Conditions
• Failure to comply with the CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL guidelines, rules, regulations, terms & conditions or eligibility may be cause for disqualification from the film competition.
• By entering or submitting to any competition you are granting Women in Film Dallas the right to screen your film publicly at least one (1) time during the next year at the Chick Flicks Festival.
• By entering or submitting to any competition you are granting the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival the right to use screen grabs, press materials, stills, and the like from your movie on our advertisements, press materials, festival programs and website for a minimum 48 months preceding and following the festival year you submitted to.
• By entering or submitting to any Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival competition you acknowledge that you are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind if your film is unable to screen due to technical or operational difficulties or if your film needs to be rescheduled or delayed for any reason.
• Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival is not responsible for films that are missing, damaged, unreadable, lost in transit, or stolen.
• By agreeing to the terms and conditions, the entrant does not hold Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
• Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
• All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
• All fees are non-refundable.
• The Entrant agrees to indemnify The Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival, their respective successors, assigns, licensees and their respective officers, directors, members, agents and employees and hold them harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal fees) and penalties arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred because of a breach by the Entrant of any statement, representation or warranty made by the Entrant in this entry form.
General. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement may be automatically assigned by The Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival, in its sole discretion, to a third party. Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement, along with any other terms and conditions regulating use of the Website, sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this Agreement and any ancillary terms and conditions will survive termination or expiration to the extent necessary to carry out the intentions of the parties.
Copyright. All content contained on Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival Website, including but not limited to video, clips, photographs, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software (collectively, “Content”), is the property of Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival and is protected by U.S. and/or international copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the content contained is strictly prohibited. If you use material appearing on the Website contrary as set forth in the Agreement, you may be liable for infringement, misappropriation or other causes of action to the fullest extent of the law.
Trademarks. Unless otherwise indicated, all names, graphics, designs, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, commercial markings, trade dress, and service names included in the Website are trademarks of the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival and are protected by the trademark laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, distribute, modify or post any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials on the Website, without prior written consent from Women in Film Dallas. The Trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Women in Film Dallas.
Risk of Loss. You acknowledge and agree that your only remedy for failures, delays or interruptions with respect to the ordering of and delivery of passes ordered by you through the Website or submissions sent through the website or any partner or affiliate is limited to a refund for such passes, issued at the discretion of the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival.
Right To Enter. Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival. As Director/Producer/Submitter of the Film, entrants have submitted and represent and warrant to the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrant(s) own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, the submission of the Film, or by the Women in Film Dallas Chick Flicks Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ATTENDANCE AT WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL EVENTS, OR ENTERING INTO ANY WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL EVENT, CONTEST, FESTIVAL OR COMPETITION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE, OR GENERALLY FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER METERIALS PUBLISHED, UNPUBLISHED OR DISTRIBUTED BY THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL, OR ITS AFFILIATES. THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURES, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND TO YOU, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR CAUSED BY YOUR CONDUCT. THE WOMEN IN FILM DALLAS CHICK FLICKS FESTIVAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, AND THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.