Coming March 27th, a program just for actors!
Learn How to Act...Like a Pro
Powerful advice from powerful people every actor – from beginners to the very seasoned - needs to know.
Actors! Learn how to help the people who want to help you!
Featuring three legendary women: celebrated Dallas talent agent Mary Collins, preeminent casting director Shannon Pinkston, and renowned acting coach Michele Condrey. This panel includes the key players who should be on every actor’s team.
Agents, casting directors, and acting coaches are invested in your success. They can’t succeed unless you do. Join WIF.D for an evening of guidance from three women with years of experience helping actors get what they want most: work! You’ll hear first-hand advice on what to do, and conversely, what not to do, to ensure your best chance of success.
THE CASTING DIRECTOR WANTS YOU TO BOOK IT.
She’s always on your side, she wants to give her clients what they are looking for, and she needs your help to do it.
· Learn the ins and outs of a successful audition.
· Discover how the casting process works and what a casting director really needs from you, what you should bring to a callback, how to listen to direction and guidelines.
YOUR AGENT IS ALWAYS WORKING FOR YOU.
She doesn’t make a dime unless you do, but she needs you to work too.
· Find out what you can really do to get the representation you want, and what you can do to keep your agent once you do. (We’re not talking about postcard mailings and introducing yourself at a party.)
· Understand the professionalism an agent expects from you.
· Know what she is guaranteeing to casting agents and producers when she submits you for work.
A GOOD ACTING COACH KNOWS ALL ABOUT PRESSURE.
She wants to help you perform well when the heat is on.
· Understand why it’s important to study and work on your craft, and what to look for in an acting class.
· Learn about the pressures of being on set and how to prepare for them.
· Hear advice on set etiquette, and why the way you behave in class says a lot about the way you’ll behave on set.
The film industry has lots of moving parts. Come find out how it all works and what you need to know about the parts that involve you. There are protocols in place on set, at an audition, and even in acting class that you are expected to know and follow. Women in Film Dallas gives you a chance to find out what they are from people who really know.
SAVE THE DATE!
Thursday, March 27.
McKinney Avenue Contemporary
3120 McKinney Avenue, #100
Dallas, TX 75205
Networking 7:00-8:00 pm
Program starts at 8:00 pm
MEMBERS: FREE in advance, $8 at the door
GUESTS: $10 in advance, $15 at the door